Monday, April 21, 2014

Jesus Christ, Holidays, and inactives


TEMPERLEY, Argentina — HAPPY MONDAY!! Craziness here, but everything’s all good. 

We had more ¨visitas¨ or guests come from the coast to stay with us, but this time for a whole week. That was interesting. One of the poor sisters is pretty sick and has to go home tomorrow. I have been with her in the house all day today but she said I need to get out to write my family so here I am. :) 

I sure love my family! You are the best! How was your week? How was Easter? I hope so good! 

Holidays here are so different than in the States, but my favorite thing is that no matter what day it is we get to teach people about the gospel of Jesus Christ. How cool is that? 4th of July... Halloween... Christmas... Easter... No importa! I love teaching my brothers and sisters here in South America! What a blessing.



Brittany said something to me that made me laugh and think about me pre-mission and now. I have always loved talking to people, but before my mission, I was pretty shy and made Brit take the lead with everything up at BYU.... Now? I don’t care if I have to chase people down the street to talk to them. ;)  Why? Because the message we have to share is SOOO important we gotta share it with the world! 

(Yes someone ran from us this week. No idea why but it was pretty funny)

Our week was great. We are still have some trouble getting our investigators come to church, but no worries — I have faith that it's gonna happen one of these days! :) 

Yet again, we are trying to work with less-active members. I think that is a huge part of my mission personally is to help the less-actives come back, because no matter where I am, South America or North America, I always find the less-actives and love helping them. All in the Lord's timing of course! My testimony of this has grown 100% in that. Everything truly is in the Lord's timing and we just have to learn how to wait.



We found a new less-active member this week. His name is Daniel. He has about 50 years mas o menos. He has been away from the Church for quite a long time, but the first thing he asked me was, "Do you have family home evenings still?" Why yes we do! His simple questions impacted me a lot. 

I love how everything in the church is so important. Doesn’t matter if its something small like FHE or something huge like baptism — all of it is important and matters to the Lord! :) All of it has a purpose, even if we don’t understand why. HE does! Nobody is perfect, but I sure know I can do a whole lot better when I get home!

We also have a new investigator named Debora. I am teaching her English. I asked her if I could also share a message with her about Jesus Christ, and she said yes. She said yes, but that she wasn’t really interested in religion. We continued to share with her, and right now she has lots of questions and hopefully is coming to church next week. It’s interesting because she wants some of the lessons in English, too. Bah!! I don’t know if I remember how to do that ;) I love how the Lord works. Throwing rocks at doors, playing basketball, teaching English.. what’s next? :) I love to see what the Lord has in store.



Well, I have talked your ears off yet again ;) I will let you get back to your day. I hope you have a wonderful week and find some way to help in the work of salvation! Seriously, it doesn’t matter what you do, but get down on your knees tonight and ask how you can be an instrument in the Lord's hands this week. He needs YOU... every single one. It’s that important :) Have a fabulous week! I love you!

Con Amor,

Hermana Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment