Monday, March 17, 2014

Tracting at the Basketball Court

TEMPERLEY, Argentina — Hola familia!!



Feliz Dia de San Patricio para todos... especialmente a mi Hermano Cris!!! Happy Birthday!! 

I cannot believe that we are halfway through March already. Transfers are next week on Monday. Hermana Calderon and I are thinking she will being leaving, because she has been here for quite sometime, but you never know. She is awesome!! Love that little Argentine! But bring on the new adventures, I am ready! How was your week?  I hope it was great! Mine was wonderful!!!! Miracles galore. I don’t have time to write about them all, but I do want to tell you about two :)

First, my companion was sick last Monday night and we had visitors from the coast. We needed to go out and work after preparation day, so I took my companion home and switched her with another Hermana and we went out to make our visits. I am getting the hang of my area, but sometimes it is still a little crazy, especially at night when you can’t see where you are. But no worries;  I was determined to get to our appointments.

Long story short, all of our appointments fell through. We only had 15 minutes left until we needed to head back to the pension so we decided to do some contacting. We ended up on a road that was pretty dark and sketchy, so I felt like we needed to find somewhere else to be. I was walking with this other Hermana when I felt a prompting to quickly cross the street. I had no idea why. But I did it. 

The next street: same feeling — cross again. So I did it. Ha I look behind me and there is a man following us. I was getting a little nervous but knew that Heavenly Father would help us know what to do with the Spirit. Just at that moment, I hear someone yell ¨HERMANAS... HERMANAS!!¨ I don’t know which part is the miracle... the fact that this man saw us in the pitch black or the next part that I am about to tell you. 

I had no idea who the voice was that yelled "Hermanas," but I quickly followed it and crossed the street. There was a tall man there waiting for us. He said hello and introduced himself. He said that he had heard of Mormons before and wanted to learn more. I love it! Miracle that he could see us and that he even knew who we are. His name is Cristian and he is one of our new investigators who is pretty stellar. I am excited to watch him change and progress. It’s funny how the Spirit works to keep us missionaries safe and give us new people to teach :) I love it! 

Two. This one is shorter to explain. Ready? drum roll...... we had 2 investigators and 3 less active families at church on Sunday!!! Wahooo! Tender mercy from the Lord seriously. We have been fasting and praying to get some investigators to come to church and progressing. I am a happy camper to say the least :) 

One more fun story and then I will let you go. I had the funnest ¨street contact¨ this week. We were at the church doing English classes and were about ready to leave when I saw a man playing on the basketball court by himself. I asked my companion and the 2nd counselor to the bishop who he was. Nobody knew, so I decided that I would go find out. So yes, Hermana Newman, skirt and all, walked out on the court to shoot some hoops with him. Basketball street contact?!? Best thing ever!! 

Sadly he is not in our area, but the elders are now teaching him and he is solid! It was fun to talk with him a bit and share more about our beliefs and invite him to church all while shooting hoops with him. Good times. I love being a missionary. Always something new! :) 

I think that is plenty of stories for this week. Sorry! :) I have lots going on in my mind but I sure love you all! Have a fabulous week and give it all you got...

PS. I didn’t get any pictures from anyone this week. I will be waiting for them next week! ;)
haha 

LOVE YOU!




Que tengan una buena semana!

Chau,



-Hermana Newman 

No comments:

Post a Comment