Monday, April 28, 2014

A flooded trio teaches Preach My Gospel

TEMPERLEY, Argentina — Hello my lovelies! How is everyone doing this fine Monday? This is the last week of this transfer. I cannot believe it! Yet again, another has whizzed by!

This week has been super interesting because guess what?!?! I have another new companion! Yep, we are in a trio right now. I have never been in a trio yet in my mission so that is very interesting. Her companion got sick, and had to go home, so she is here with me and Hermana Ruiz Diaz in Temperley. 

L-R: Hermanas Newman, Kent y Ruiz Diaz
 
She is brand spanking new.... so I get to train again :) Woooo!!! Her name is Hermana Kent. She is from Utah, but her family lives in Iowa. She is 24 years old and is also a nurse. She went to school at UVU. Her calling here is not as a nurse, just normal missionary, but it’s been interesting to talk with her and hear some of her experiences. 

I love both of my companions. So different but so great. They absolutely love being in a trio. Funny story: hermana Ruiz Diaz doesn’t speak any English. Hermana Kent? Almost no Spanish sooooo I get to be the translator for my companions so they can communicate. bahaha :) gotta love it! 

With transfers coming up and all, we don’t know what will happen, but for sure hermana Ruiz Diaz is going home and as for me and hermana Kent? We will find out next week. 


The Hermanas with an unidentified sister.

This week has been great. I have been learning a lot about how to be a better missionary, friend, companion, daughter, sister — all of the above! I love how much I am blessed with and get to learn out here in the mission field. I honestly don’t think a day goes by that I don’t learn something new. 

We had an investigator come to church on Sunday. Her name is Debora. She is awesome. I KNOW she felt the Spirit this weekend at church and at the baptism of the Elders. It's fun to see her changing. She told me she feels something ¨weird¨and doesn’t know how to describe it: like a pressure in her chest... Boom! Espiritu Santo! :) We are taking it slow because she told us it’s a lot to take in, but I am hoping she will be progressing towards baptism soon! We are working with some others as well that are progressing... slowly but surely :) I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!

We had quite the exciting night and morning. I just have to tell you this story real quick. We were all getting ready for bed yesterday. Since there are 3, one of us needs to shower in the night and 2 in the morning. So, hermana Kent was showering and me and hermana Ruiz Diaz decided that we would go downstairs to brush our teeth and get ready. We walked out of the bedroom to water all over the floor and running down the stairs. As you can imagine, we were panicked. We ran down to get buckets and towels and hermana Ruiz Diaz started yelling ¨hermana Kent... para para para para!!¨ I about died laughing because hna Kent didn’t understand. So I yell ¨Hermana Kent, stop and shut off the water!¨ Needless to say, we were a little late to bed last night. We are not sure what happened, but we got it all cleaned up so everything is good. 

This morning, hermana Ruiz Diaz went to shower and I was downstairs eating breakfast when I hear "HERMANA NEWMAN!" I booked it up the stairs to find my companion in a tub of water up to her knees and water all over the floor. We had to bucket the water out so it wouldn’t overflow. I think there is something wrong with the plumbing. We tried cleaning it out but are still having problems. I sure hope that we get it figured out today, because I would really love to take a shower tomorrow! ;) I hope you are smiling and laughing as hard as I was because it was too funny!

Maybe next week Hermana Newman will tell us what this means

Last week of the transfer and we are pumped as ever to work hard and invite everyone to hear the precious word of God. Oh how I love being a missionary! This week I have been studying a lot of how to be a missionary. 

We are helping a lady in our ward with Preach My Gospel and how to use it. She is an inspiration to me. She is 80 years old and ready to get to work and use Preach My Gospel to help out with this great work. It got me thinking about how important the work is and that everyone can help out in someway. So... My commitment to you this week is to get out your Preach My Gospel (everyone) and get to work studying it so you can either help the missionaries or help out your friends. 

I am excited to hear your stories next week. I know that if you study and pray diligently that you will have a missionary experience this week and will be able to share what you have learned from PMG. 

Email me and let me know how it goes! I hope you all have wonderful week! Love you to the moon and back! 

-Hermana Newman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment