Monday, May 5, 2014

Finding the lost sheep

TEMPERLEY, Argentina — Feliz 5 de Mayo!! That’s not a holiday here in Argentina, but hey, it is in Mexico so happy day to you all! ;) 

Well, I think I told you that today was transfers and we were waiting to hear what would happen with us all. Well I have some news.

Fall in Buenos Aires with Hermana Dias

... drum roll please...

I am staying here in Banfield 1 again and I will be training Hermana Kent. I think I wrote about her in my last letter. Yep, two Norte Americanas here in Temperley ;) Awesome. Good thing a lot of people think I am Latina or we might have some problems. All is well here in Banfield 1! 


The trio of Newman, Dias y Kent says goodbye

We have a new pilot program that we will be using from May until December that should be interesting. I think they are trying it out with 3 missions in South America, and we happen to be one of them. They really want to focus on the less-active members and bringing them back. So obviously we will be looking for and teaching investigadores, but we will also be putting more emphasis en the less actives as well, especially those who don't have the priesthood or who have been to the temple. 

I am excited because I LOVE less active work. It’s the best ever! I will let you know how it is going and if we are able to see a difference in the work and with retention of members here in South America. 

Hermanas Kent and Newman enjoy cooler temperatures


This week has been great! Working as hard as ever. Some days are easy to teach people, and some days are harder to find people, but we are working hard nonetheless. We just had stake conference, which really focused in missionary work, so I am hoping we can get the members a little excited in helping us. 

They gave a good example that I really liked. They said that we as missionaries need to work with the members, because we are new in the areas and a lot of missionaries are not even from Argentina. They said imagine yourself in a new place and not knowing anyone and having to preach the gospel. They said that is why we have members who know the area and the people, to help the missionaries who don’t. 

Hermana Newman with "Mis Hijas" — the girls she's trained

 I don’t know if I explained that very well, but I hope you can understand what I mean. I am excited to work with the members because really, that is the only way to do missionary work. TOGETHER. President has a phrase he always says CON MIEMBROS (with the members).

Let's get on the ball and help the work move forward together! :)

I had tons of pictures I wanted to send but I can't figure out how to send them on this computer :/ But I will try next week. Sorry so short but I gotta get going. Love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment