Monday, May 26, 2014

Being prepared

TEMPERLEY, Argentina —  Well, it’s the last week of May and I can hardly believe it! It’s a really nice day here in Temperley. Lots of sun, but it's pretty cold. Good thing I have warm clothes and boots to go out with :) 

Sara's best friend in an Argentine fall

This week has been pretty great. We had an activity on Saturday that turned out awesome. We had Family Home Evening and about 60 people more or less came! WAHOOO! We even had two investigators and a less active member there. It was a lot of fun.

We had an ice breaker activity and  got to know each other. Then we had a spiritual thought about prayer and ended with refreshments and a game. I was very impressed with how it turned out. Even better — we had two investigators at church the next day and the less active member is coming next week! :) I love it! So great is the work of God!

Cool story real quick: We have a new investigator this week. His name is Pablo. We found him through another investigator. We met him on Wednesday, he agreed to come to the activity Saturday, came to church Sunday. We had a lesson on Sunday, have a lesson on Wednesday and he is coming to the temple with us on Saturday this week. WOW!!! 

Sara and her companion get ready for the rain

I love how God prepares people. Seriously, we can’t do anything as missionaries unless the people are prepared. Just another testimony to me of how involved God is in our lives. 

I am so grateful that we were able to meet Pablo. He told us he is searching for God and for an answer. He told us he got down on his knees for the first time last night and prayed. I was so humbled to hear that experience and I know that God will answer and that we can help him find what he is looking for!

Our other investigators are doing great. We are working hard every day with them. I truly feel blessed to know the people I do here in Argentina. They are my friends and my family. I am sooo lucky to be here and am blessed every day. We have seen many miracles this week and I am excited to see even more in this next week!

A few of you have asked about the nursing side of my mission. Let me fill you in real quick. I am first and foremost a full-time missionary. And lucky me, I get to be a nurse on the side. I don’t really do much hands-on nursing because our mission is spread out. But I get to take phone calls from the missionaries every day. It’s pretty interesting. Sometimes, there are not many phone calls and other days I don’t know even how to keep up. 

The coolest thing I have learned from it all is that our Heavenly Father helps us in all aspects of life. He helps me daily in the Gospel, but also as a nurse here. There are times that I don’t know how to say medical words in Spanish and I find myself just talking and understanding everything. I know that I can only do this part of my calling with my Heavenly Father. I cannot be a nurse or a missionary without him! :) I LOVE being a missionary and a nurse. The best ever! What more could I ask for? :)

I truly feel blessed in every aspect. I do have hard times still, and sometimes I just have to push through, but I do know that every trial or hard time we have is to make us stronger and become more like our Heavenly Father. We just have to make sure we are doing everything we can to grow from these experiences. Remember to live life and be happy. Give it your all and choose the right! 

Love you all! Hope you have a great week. I better get to the district activity. Mmmmmm Brazilian food and Soccer! :)

-Hermana Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment