Monday, May 12, 2014

Prayer and happiness

TEMPERLEY — Hello and Happy Monday! 

It seems a little weird to be writing today, because I got to call home yesterday on Skype, but here I am in the cyber writing nevertheless :) Yesterday was SO good to talk to you all! I loved seeing your faces. So crazy but good! Happy Mothers day to my amazing mother, grandmothers and all you other moms out there! You are all special daughters of God!   

Hermana Newman Skyping on Mother's Day

I Skyped from my investigator's house. Her name is Débora. She is awesome!! Love that girl! She is 21 years old, and I am teaching her English as well as the gospel :) Perfect! Speaking of her, I have to tell you a quick little miracle. I wanted to tell you this yesterday on Skype but I didn’t want it to be weird that I was talking about her at her house.

Ok, so she is still a little embarrassed/nervous to pray out loud. We are working with her on it, but she doesn’t like to. She is awesome and praying every day, but silently. Well, she told me a little story yesterday that I loved! It was a miracle for me. 

A rainy day in Temperley
She said that this week she didn’t pray. (And it just so happened that we couldn’t teach her much this week.) But she came to church on Sunday again and liked it. She told me that one night, she just knew that she needed to pray. So, she asked her sister if she wanted to pray with her. Her sister said yes... then her brother asked them what they were doing so they invited him to pray, too. They were praying at nighttime and their mom heard them talking so she starts yelling ¨go to sleep, go to sleep. Then the mom called them on the phone to tell them to be quiet and go to sleep. She said to her mom, ¨mom, we are praying. ¨ Her mom began to weep with tears of joy at the beautiful sight of her kids praying together. 

I am amazed with them and was so happy to hear this tender mercy. It is yet another testimony to me that our Heavenly Father is real and that when someone feels the Holy Ghost with an open heart, they can't deny it and can only change and follow it more.

Service! They got to paint a fence

I hope you all know how much I love you! Sorry this is a short one again, but we got to get going to the church to play futbol! :) I hope you all have a fabulous week! More adventures to come I am sure!

Love ya,  Tear it up!

-Hermana Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment