Monday, September 29, 2014

Four Minutes

Luis Guillon - Argentina

Hope this letter finds you with a big smile. Wanna know why? Because I LOVE YOU!!!! AND I have some great news. I already sent the picture.... but as you know the family Velazquez got baptized. Well Nancy has been having some trouble with her work and has not been assisting every week. Hermana Mills (now Abbi), Me and Hna Vargas have been working hard to help her find the faith to quit. We have been praying hard and working hard. We sent her a scripture this week rooting her on and helping her feel the need to just do it and trust in the Lord. We asked her if she would be coming this Sunday and she said no but the kids would be coming. To my suprise at 9:20 walks in the kids and a very Beautiful Hna Velazquez all ready to go for church. As I am sure you can imagine I had a big grin from ear to ear, jumped up and hugged her to death and silently (because we were in church) screamed! I am soooooo happy. This truly is my miracle of my week! So excited and happy for her. She has soooo much faith it is amazing. She is a little nervous that she quit her job but she is totally relying on the Lord to help her out, I am excited to see the miracles that come after :) 

 Victory pictures... Hermana Velazquez Finally quit her job! WAHOOOOOOO! :) Couldn't be happier!



I have to tell you a funny story that just happened this morning. Now that you had your smile I hope you are ready for the Laugh part..... We were walking to get to the train station to come and do emails this morning. We walk a lot of the same routes and have some friends along the way that we always say hello to. Today one of our friends that we talk to was outside is fruit/veggie stand. He put out his hand and told us to stop. So, of course we stopped to see what he needed or wanted to say. He with a big smile turned to his son and said, ¨The Norteamericana. Thats her.¨He then continued to say to me ¨This is my son. He is very good looking and can speak some English ...you should marry him.¨ Awkward as awkward can be right? The worse part is that he was Very good looking young Argentine man and all my companion and I could think to say was. No, we are missionaries thanks. ¨He said, well he can be a missionary too. I am about died laughing and am sure I was red from embarrassment, but we said our goodbyes and went on our ways. Don’t worry I will not be marrying this argentine. Still a good ol Missionary! WOO thank goodness for that.  hahahaha Oh dear. gotta love adventures in Buenos Aires.  :) 

America Baby! Grilled Cheese and Soup Yum.

A view in the country

What else? OH... Guess what? More exciting news. I am going to the temple this week! We usually go the last week before you go home but the temple will be closed so we get to go this week. This week is going to be crazy but I am sooo excited.

Eat Fresh! Yum, Subway

Let me give you an inside scoop of what is planned to happen. Tuesday we have district meeting and then have to travel far away to train the new mission nurse.  Wednesday we have leadership meeting. Thursday we have exchanges with the sisters. Friday I go to the temple. Saturday and Sunday is conference. Wow. Crazy week but a great week for sure! I am most excited for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I am going to experience a little bit more of Heaven. Temple, and Conference all within three days? :) Cant wait! I will let you know how it goes. 

We are doing great here in Guillón. Still working hard to find new investigators. We have yet to find them but we are still searching and working with the Ward. The ward is awesome! They are very involved and love to help. They are the best and befriending the new people in the ward and helping them feel comfortable. Keep us in your prayers this week. I just KNOW there is someone waiting for us to find them and teach them. I am excited to find out who it is. 
Cheesy Grins!

Exchanges with Hermana Adama from Peru


I don’t have much more time. But I do want to end with another think I learned form the Liahona this week. 

-Noelle’s previous 2006 Olympic dreams were dashed when a terrible accident left her with a broken leg. In the 2010 Olympics her dreams fell short again when just over one-tenth of a second kept her from the medal stand. Can you imagine the anxiety she felt as she waited to begin her first run in the 2014 Olympics? Years of preparation would culminate in only a sliver of time. Four minutes total. She spent years preparing for those four minutes and would spend a lifetime afterward reflecting on them.
-It may seem unfair that Noelle’s entire Olympic dreams hinged on what she did during just four brief minutes. But she knew it, and that is why she prepared so diligently. She sensed the magnitude, the urgency of her four minutes, and what they would mean for the rest of her life.
Do you sense the urgency?
-My young friends, wherever you are in your “four-minute performance,” I urge you to ponder, “What do I need to do next to ensure my medal?” 
-Whatever it may be, do it now. Don’t wait. Your four minutes will pass quickly, and you’ll have eternity to think about what you did in this life.8
-Self-discipline is needed. Daily prayer, scripture study, and church attendance must be the foundation of your training. A consistent pattern of obeying the commandments, keeping the covenants you have made, and following the Lord’s standard found in For the Strength of Youth is required.
-The miracle of the Atonement can make up for imperfections in our performance. 
-“… It is never too late so long as the Master … says there is time. … Don’t delay.”
-This is your moment to perform. This is your four minutes! The time is now!
Now, these of course are the highlights of what I read I encourage you again to go read the talk yourselves. It is amazing! I know we are not Olympic medalist but we are in a race... a race for Eternity! The awesome thing about our race is that we have the Lords help and the Atonement on our side. Use it well! We need to use this wonderful gift we have. Like this Brother said It isnt too late. We just need to do it now. This week I want you to all pray about what you need to do to continue and do your best in this race. I promise you that as you pray and prepare that your answer will be in Conference this weekend. I am going to do it as well. We can do it together. I want to hear your miracles. Good luck! Have a great week and give it all you got. That is all He asks... The best that you can give!
Tear it up! Love ya like crazy!

-Hermana Newman :) 

Our other exchange with Hermana Ortiz. She is from Paraguay... she speaks Guarani

No comments:

Post a Comment