Monday, September 15, 2014

What Are You Willing to Change?

Luis Guillon, Argentina - I think I just sneezed and we are already half way through September. What? haha HAPPY MONDAY family. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your day there up North.

Its a beautiful sunshiny day here in Luis Guillon. We are going to enjoy some time outside in the sun playing soccer and hopefully basketball. But I think I am one of the few who likes basketball so probably will just make a fool out of myself and play some soccer! haha WOOO!
Hermana Vargas and I. You think i do crazy buns on top of my head.... her hair is even cooler. HUGE!

This week was great. A little slow and weird but that is always how it is in a new transfer with a new companion. Everyone has to adjust and learn how to do things in a new way. It’s funny because before my mission I remember not like change at all. Brittany would always laugh at me because I couldn’t even change my room around. Now? Changes all the time! Bring it on! ;) 

Hermana Mills should be back in the states by now I think. Weird to think about. But  I know her family was happy to see her. It was weird to see them here in Argentina. Her Dad gave me a hug and I about wet my pants. haha Hermana Mills had to tell him not to touch the Hermanas. haha He is awesome. Love the Mills family. 
-This is a house but I thought there gate was funny so I snapped a picture... nothing special but it made me smile.

Hermana Vargas and I had an adventure this week trying to find new people and working with the people we have now. Sadly our baptismal dates fell through for September but we are hoping they will work out for October. Keep them in your prayers please. Hermana Vargas is great. We find ourselves laughing all the time. Missionary work is the best when you have a fun companion. She is helping even more with my spanish which is a blessing and in turn... I am helping her learn English. She learned how to pray and sing this week. This next week we will focus on some key verbs. She is a little timid to speak English but she can read like a pro! 
 
Thanks for the Peanut Butter. We are in Heaven!

Another short letter this week, but I want to share a little quote before I send this.
¨The gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to change. “Repent” is its most frequent message, and repenting means giving up all of our practices—personal, family, ethnic, and national—that are contrary to the commandments of God. The purpose of the gospel is to transform common creatures into celestial citizens, and that requires change.¨
Elder Oaks

What are you willing to change? What are you will to give up? What are you willing to DO... To come unto Christ and be perfected in him? Moroni 10:32. It is not easy but it is worth it! Make the change, be the difference! Have a great week. Smile and shine that light of Christ for everyone to see! 

Love you! Besos!


-Hermana Newman :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment