Monday, September 8, 2014

I Couldn't Be Happier

LUIS GUILLON, Argentina -

Well here we are in September. The new start of a transfer. Always crazy to see how the time flies. First before I forget I wanted to say Happy Birthday to Dad and Juli on the 7th and 9th! Hope you both have and will have great days. Sorry i can’t be there to sing and be obnoxious for you but I will be thinking about you here :) 

So if you were wondering here are the results of the transfer........ Drum roll.... I am staying here In Luis Guillon! I have a new companion and I will be training her to be a sister training leader. She doesn’t need to be trained because she is ready and soooo awesome but, I guess I will do what president tells me ;)
My New Companion- Hermana Vargas
Her name is Hermana Vargas. Yep I get another Latina. I am very excited. She will help me out a lot with the language. She is from Nicaragua and is 20 years old. I don’t know her super well yet because we have only been together a few hours but she seems great and is ready to go work. She is very fun and happy so I have no doubt we will work great together. Hermana Mills is done with her mission now, which seems so crazy but her parents came and got her today. It was fun to see them but so crazy at the same time. I got to have the opportunity to translate the whole Transfer meeting for them both because they couldn’t understand a thing. It was a lot of fun and now I am very tired but it is good to know my brain still works ;) They seem like very nice people and I know they will just love visiting the mission with their cute daughter. 
Working the Clothes - Hermana Mills

Crazy as Ever

The Mills-Newman Chapter comes to a close

As for my week. CRAZY! But great. We had lots of meetings and I was on exchanges alot because hna mills went to the temple and capital. So i was with some of the other sisters here in my zone. Its official. The Velazquez Familia was Baptized and Confirmed! I am one happy camper. I couldn’t be happier. But... If you think i am happy... I wish you could have seen their faces. On Sunday they were just glowing! They were so happy and you could tell they were ready to start this new part of their lives! I am glad I get to be part of their journey. Now we will be working on helping Hermano Velazquez prepare to receive the priesthood and for them to go to do baptisms in the temple. I just love the gospel. It makes everyone happy no matter what the circumstance. Yes, we still have trials but nothing that the gospel wont help us over come
 
We have horses and Carts and cars.

I got to mow a lawn

We have another mother and daughter who have a  date and will be working hard with them as well. Lots of less active work here to do in Luis Guillon and of course we are always looking for more `people to teach who are ready to my covenants with our Heavenly Father. Keep our ward in your prayers and of course i will be praying for you all! We are ready to see some miracles. Sorry this email is really short and simple but thats how it goes sometimes right? 

To end I want to share a thought that Dad emailed me today. I think we can all use it and apply it to our lives. 
Here is the quote of the day:

Please don't nag yourself with thoughts of failure. Do not set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can do, in the best way you know, and the Lord will accept your effort.  Gordon B Hinckley

Yep, That's our Bishop. I think he is 26

Saying goodbye to some friends


I just want you all to know how much i love you! We listened to all the missionaries leaving the mission today and heard their testimonies. It was amazing! Lots are leaving and lots are coming. This work is an eternal thing and I love being part of it. The coolest thing is we can all be part of it! Think about it! :) I can testify of what Pres. Hinckley says. It is true. All he asks is that we give Him our best.  My testimony is simple but true. I KNOW God lives, He loves us. He sent us his son. I cannot repay him for that... but I can help my other hermanos use the wonderful gift for their lives. The gospel is real, the atonement works. I love my life! Couldn’t be happier :) If you are not happy, there is a problem. Get down and pray and be ready to change the things in your life. I know you can do and God expects to always be changing and getting better.
 Love you with all my Heart. Have a  great week"! Tear it up


-Hermana Newman :)


No comments:

Post a Comment