Saturday, May 25, 2013

"Don't hold back"

PROVO -- Bahhhhhhhhhhhh! I hit my one month mark this week! CrAzY! :) Do you know what that means?? It means that next week is my last full week here at the mtc. Woah! 

And next week we will be getting our reassignments. I will let you know when I find out where I am going. Two Elders going to Peru got their Visas this week, so there is still hope, but I am thinkin its not coming this week. Guess we will find out soon right?  




This week we got to be the host missionaries for the new missionaries coming in. It was SO fun. Except for the fact that all the girls I took had 3 HUGE bags. I am sure it was hillarious watching me drag them around, but I got my big buff girl arms out and got the job done.

I got to host an international missionary. Guess where she was from? Argentina!  Buenos Aires. Cool, right? I was so excited. She was telling me all about her country and how I should be excited to get there. She was helping me practice my Spanish a little bit. I feel like my Spanish is doing okay, and I have learned a lot. However, talking with her has made me realize I know nothing with Spanish. I know MTC Spanish, but real world Argentina? Oh dear. Guess I'll learn it there right!? ;) 




Fun fact about the MTC this week: we had 700-plus new missionaries come in! Thats BIG! It's getting full here fast. Last week, there were more sisters than Elders coming in, but there are still a few more elders in percentage here.

It's weird that we have been here so long because in our zone, we are the oldies. I don't feel like I can be the oldest here yet, but we are! 

One of our substitute teachers got to teach us the past two days. It was awesome. He teaches so well, is funny, but always has the Spirit. Yesterday, he gave us hermanas a good compliment. We practiced door contacting him and then taught him a lesson about El Libro De Mormón. I thought the lesson went really well. The Spirit was there, we got to know him better, and taught to his needs. When we got back to the classroom, he gave us high fives and exclaimed, "Yeah. The Sisters have got it! They just do. They know how to be missionaries." 




You should have seen the elders faces. Poor boys looked confused. I guess he was trying to say that we were good listeners and really cared about the investigators. Anyways, it made me feel happy. 

Not much else has been goin' on here in Provo besides moving the Lord's work along, but before I sign off I want to share a thought with you from a devotional we had, and then a scripture I like.
Elder Nash from the Seventy was our devotional speaker on Tuesday. He said some things to us missionaries that I never want to forget. A few things that stuck out to me: 

-You were preparing to serve a full time mission before you came to this earth.

-The Salvation of many people depend on you.

"Don't hold anything back from the Lord. Give it your all!"
I have been thinking about a lot of what he said and me being a missionary. I hope that every night when I go to bed that I am tired, because then I will know that I have worked hard and gave the Lord my best. I don't want to waste His time. His time is precious, and I need to be doing the best I can to help the work move along. I want to be able to look at my Savior and say, "I gave it my all, Lord. I did what you asked. I found my brothers and sisters and brought them back."

Being a missionary is hard sometimes, but it is not harder than what Jesus Christ did for me! I like what it says in 3 Nephi 5:13:  "Behold I am Hermana Newman, a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among the people in Argentina, that they might have everlasting life."
I want to be a missionary for the rest of my life. The work is good, it is so true! I encourage you all to think about what you could be doing a little bit better and strive for it this week. Help the work move forward!

I love you! Thanks for your support and prayers. They help me daily.

Have a wonderful week, smile lots
-Hermana Newman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment