Monday, June 9, 2014

Happy Father's Day

TEMPERLEY,  Argentina - HAPPY FATHERS DAY 

 Happy Father's day to my awesome dad.. brothers, grandpas and uncles! :) and everyone else who is a Dad ;) I am sending this today because the next week will be the day after. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Dads sure are awesome. I want to tell my dad how great I think he is. Thanks for all you do pops. Thanks for putting up with you crazy Sara! I have learned lots from your example. Keep up the good work! 

This week has been another great week. We planned Déboras baptism. She is pretty excited for Saturday. Only six days until her Baptism! :) Wahooo! She is amazing and a special daughter of Heavenly Father.  Seriously, I have never met anyone quite like her. She is sooo ready and I am excited to see all the great things she will do. I am most grateful that Heavenly Father made it possible that we could meet and be friends. She truly will be a friend of mine forever! 

This week we had Ward Conference. It was fabulous! The Bishop and Stake President spoke. The topic basically was that we are doing great but need to be doing better. Bishop said to us missionaries that he is pleased with the ward but worried as well. Worried because ¨we are comfortable.¨ I can totally understand what he means. It is so true. Comfortable is not a good thing. If we are comfortable we are not progressing. It reminds me of something Brit told me right before I left on my mission.  She told me to get out of my comfort zone and that she hopes I am uncomfortable my whole mission. It is true, if we are a bit uncomfortable we are truly relying on our Heavenly Father and then we can grow. Our goal is to always be doing something to progress.

There is a scripture in the bible that says ¨Que mas mi falta?¨ I think in english... What more can I do? Like what more do I need to learn. I love it. I hope we can ask ourselves that every day... ¨Que mas mi falta?¨ I KNOW without a doubt if we are striving to be better everyday we will grow and become more like our older brother Jesus Christ.  If you are comfortable... something is wrong.  Get up and change something! Get up and do something new! Make sure you a ¨moving and progressing and not ¨jogging in place¨  for lack of better words. Make goals and do them! That is the key... action. My Zone leader shared this with us a couple weeks ago. It is by a boxer but I cant remember his name right now. But he says, ¨Words are cheap- don’t tell me show me.¨ So true. Put your words into action this week. That is my invitation to everyone who is reading this. I want to hear your miracles and how everything goes. 

This is the last week of the transfer. We are going to work as hard as ever and tear it up!!! Next week I don’t know if I will be here with Hermana Kent or somewhere else. Weird to think about. I will update you on that next Monday. 

Have a fabulous week! Love ya like crazy!

-Hermana Newman :) 
This is our room. It is a normal apartment. A little different in the US because we dont have heat or air conditioning but its similar... depends on your area and where you live
Nick asked me to describe my apartment here in Argentina. But I thought it might be more fun to see it than to read my words about it... change things up a bit ya know? ;) 

This is the view from my room into the neighbors yard ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment