Monday, September 9, 2013

Like unto Moroni

COLUMBIA, Md. — Well hello :) How are you lovely people? As I am sitting here in the library thinking of what to say this week, I can’t help but just have a big grin on my face. I have the best family ever! :) Boy am I so lucky! Thanks for all you do. I really miss you a lot — but in a good way, no worries ;) Not home sick, I just know my family is stinkin' awesome! I hope you are all doing well. You are in my prayers daily! Know that I am thinking of you and love you lots!

Another great week here in Maryland. It’s finally starting to cool down and be autumn. I love the weather of autumn, mostly because it is not as hot and the humidity is bearable. And it helps that it is gorgeous here! The weeks are starting to mesh all together in my brain, so I am not sure what happened this week and what happened before. If I repeat something — sorry in advance :)

Studying outside of a McDonalds
I honestly cannot think of what happened this week. I do remember it was pretty stressful, but that’s okay, nothing prayer and some Oreos can't fix!

We had three member presents in our lessons this week. Members totally make the difference. Lessons are WAY better when members are with us. I love it. We are going to try and keep getting the members to come out with us. It was another great week visiting both less actives and investigators. It’s amazing what a little bit of love can do. We had 3 investigators at church and between us and the elders, 13 less actives again at church.

Solve life's problems with prayer and Oreos, Sara says.
We sure are seeing miracles in this little branch. This branch has grown to be my family. I really love the people here, and I think they kind of maybe like me too. Who knows? Sorry I don’t have any specific stories this week for you, but I would like to share a thought I had this week during personal study.

Right now, I am reading in the Book of Mormon in Alma. I have read in Alma lots before, but something stood out to me this week was in Chapter 44 in the first few verses. Moroni is talking to Zerahemnah, who is being a stinker and wants to fight the Nephites and have power of the land.

"Ye are angry with us because of our religion.

But now, ye behold that the Lord is with us; and ye behold that he has delivered you into our hands. And now I would that ye should understand that this is done unto us because of our religion and our faith in Christ. And now ye see that ye cannot destroy this our faith.


 Now ye see that this is the true faith of God; yea, ye see that God will support, and keep, and preserve us, so long as we are faithful unto him, and unto our faith, and our religion; and never will the Lord suffer that we shall be destroyed except we should fall into transgression and deny our faith." (Alma 44:3-4)

 
(Gotta love seminary videos, right?) 
 

I love this promise. And I know that it is true! If we are faithful in our religion — faithful to God and Jesus Christ — our faith will not be destroyed and we have the promise that God will SUPPORT, KEEP, AND PERSERVE us.

We live in an interesting world, for sure. There is a lot going on. I get to see a lot every day both good and bad. There are a lot of people who will hate us simply because we are LDS, but that is okay. As long as we stand firm and keep living as we need to be, all will work out. We need to fear God and not man. As it was said in last General Conference. We are Mormon... We KNOW IT, LIVE IT and we LOVE IT! Make sure you remember whom you represent. You are never alone and God will be your strength. Rely on the Lord and he will never let you down.

I still don’t know a lot. But my testimony of this Gospel keeps growing every day! When it all comes down to it, I KNOW that this Gospel is true and that it has been restored through Joseph Smith. I know that it is Jesus Christ’s original church restored to the Earth today. The Book of Mormon is evidence of this and I love that book! I still have lots to learn, but I cannot deny that the Book of Mormon is from God. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and He lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves each of us and knows us individually. He knows us by name and cares what we are doing in life. He wants nothing more than to see us return back to him again. He has given us the tools we need and I know if we use them, we can have everything He has promised.

 I don’t care who you are, what you have done or what you are doing. The gospel of Jesus Christ is for everyone and will change your life! I feel so blessed to be sharing His message with people from all over the world!

This message is simple, it is true and it is for everyone. Don’t be shy. Share what you know to be true!

Have a great week and remember how blessed you are. Make the changes you need to make, keep doing what you are supposed to. Be that person God needs you to be. Don’t stress too much, He will help you every step of the way. Smile and don’t forget to laugh. Have fun, life is good. The gospel is exciting!

Con Amor,

Hermana Newman

This means, "um, well" in Spanish. Sara thought it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment