Monday, January 6, 2014

Suck it up Hermana Newman! No Pity Party. You are a Missionary.

Editors Note: Hermana Newman loves to throw Spanish around as if everyone reading this blog speaks Spanish! Where indicated, I have provided English Translations.. Silly Hermana Newman)

Mi Querido Familia!! (My Dear Family)
HOLA!!! So, I found out that I actually am not in Banfield. That is the name of my area. Ha! My area is pretty big like in Maryland. But I live in Temperley, Argentina. Fun fact: Heavenly Father loves me so much! I keep telling my companion that I want snow. She always says, give that dream up. Well, I didn’t get my snow. But I got rain... COLD rain. It was cooler for 2 whole days! Wahooo! My companion pulled out her long sleeve shirt. haha I was dying laughing. It wasnt cold at all, just a nice breeze. But today we are back in the oven! :) Woo!

This week was great. We had the rededication of the chapel. It is beautiful! I forgot this week, but next week I will try to take pictures. It is small but so pretty and just perfect for our little ward here in Banfield. We even had an investigator come to church on Sunday! This week has been great but a little hard at the same time. Last week we talked to a ton of people, got new investigators and were on fire. This week was great, but it was harder to talk to people because of vacations and a lot of people wouldn’t let us in. All I can do is smile and laugh and say oh well. Next week will be better and all I can do is do what Heavenly Father wants me to do. If that means sweat a lot and walk many miles that I will do it, no problem! :) 
Our Bathroom: A Toilet and Bedet, What more could you want!

 I had a little moment of weakness this week. I hate to admit it, but I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I was thinking to myself, ¨wow, it is hot. I can understand Castellano but it is harder for me to speak it. Why won’t anyone listen to me? How the heck am I supposed to be a nurse in Spanish? (I could go on but you get the picture)

Good thing my little pity party didn’t last too long. Only a few minutes later I was speed slapped by the spirit.  I was sitting in personal study, reading an article from the Liahona. When suddenly the spirit said, ¨Hermana Newman, suck it up girl! You have so much you are blessed with. You have the biggest blessing in the world... the gospel of Jesus Christ. Your job is to go share it with the people here in Argentina. You might have some struggles and hard times, but the people without the gospel are far worse off than you. Get to work!¨ yep. Pity party, over! Its game time! I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and the simple reminders I get each and every day. 
Blood Sausage: Not good. I put it in my mouth, but spit it out when my companion wasn't looking. Gross.
Later that day I had another wonderful experience with the spirit. We went to visit a less active. I love less active work! Anyway, this particular member has not been to church in 7 years. Her husband was the bishop but she has some issues with the people in the ward. Anyways, I was excited to teach her. But little did I know she was going to be the teacher and I was the student. To be honest, I can’t even remember what scripture I shared with her. All I remember is what she said to me. She said that when I am In the church, ¨no puedo y no se son malas palabras.¨( I cant or I don’t know any bad words  ) It reminded me of Alma 26:12. If we trust in the Lord and have faith we can do all things and He will give us strength. Entonces...(And then) I Hermana Newman can do anything with the Lord! Bring on the heat, Bring on the walking! Bring it all! Soy misionera de la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias! soy una representante de el. Mi mensaje es presioso y de gran valor. Con el todo es posible! :) (I am a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I am a representative of him. My message is precious and of great value. With him all  is possible)
The family I spent New Year's with. They had air conditioning!
Well, I think I have blabbed enough for this week. I hope you know how much I love you. You are in my prayers daily. Keep working hard. Remember you are all missionaries too. Lets get the Lords work moving forward! Have a fabulous week!
Te quiero muchisimo! (I love you a whole bunch)
con amor, (With love)

Hermana Newman :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment