Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sleep-praying and what makes you beautiful

LUIS GUILLON, Argentina — Happy Tuesday Family! Yesterday was ferriado (holiday) so we weren’t able to use the cyber to get on the Internet. So here I am on this fine Tuesday emailing you are. 

Can I just say how in love with the weather I am right now? I know technically it is still winter here, but something weird is happening and I feel like it is spring. We have had some BEAUTIFUL days lately. I haven’t had to wear tights or a sweater for like 3 days. Awesome!! :)

Any of you who know me well, know that I am a weirdo and have a tendency to sleep walk and talk and sometimes text, right? Well, I have added something knew to the list. I have started sleep praying! Yes, I am telling the truth. This transfer, I have done it waaay too many times to even count. A lot of times, Hermana Mills is the one who wakes up and finds me out of my bed, on my knees just praying away. It’s kind of funny. The first couple of times she thought I just needed to pray, but then she soon found out I was doing it in my sleep so she decided to wake me up. I am always so embarrassed when she finds me but we get a kick out of it and start laughing in the middle of the night... Yep still the same crazy Sara Newman ;)

Another story, not so funny, but I am SOOO grateful I went to Young Women’s. I have never had to lead so many hymns in my life. I remember always dreading learning it in Young Women’s, but now I am soo grateful I know how. So a big THANK YOU to all my leaders!

We went on exchanges this week again. It was great. I was back on the bike. WOOO! I love bikes and skirts. It was a great exchange and I learned a lot. But it was a new experience for me because this companionship was having a lot of problems and often yell at each other. They don’t work in unity and don’t want to be together. It broke my heart to see that because honestly I have never personally experienced that. It made me really think about how blessed I am and be very grateful for my great companions. I love them all and would do anything for them! I am especially grateful that Hermana Mills and me are still companions. I learn so much from her daily!

Random... I had my first REAL Argentine asado! And yes... Its as good as they say :) It was divine. I now understand why they are carnivores here ;)

Okay on to my week. It was great, but a little hard. We had tons of appointments but they all fell through. We did a TON of contacting on the street and are searching for new people but aren’t having too much luck with it. But don’t worry: I have faith we will find some this week :) On a very happy note, I am excited to say WOOOOOOO I am soo happy for the Familia Velasquez. They are still as awesome as ever and are progressing great. They have their interview this week. Keep them in your prayers as always, please.

I have some quotes for you this week from my lovely companion. I don’t want you to be weirded out because they are both about beauty. But she shared them with me this week because we were having a not so pretty week physically haha. Let me explain. I KNOW we are daughters of God, so physical aspect doesn’t matter, but this week I just was feeling a little extra not so pretty and sometimes as a girl, that is hard. I have never had Eczema on my face but it hit me hard this week all over my face. Of course I have bags under my eyes from working hard as well. Zits from stress, chubby from the food.... let's just say it wasn’t my best week. BUT no worries — all is well because I know who the real me is and I know that these things come and go. Don’t worry I am not entirely hideous, only just for about a week. lol But let me share this quote that Hermana Mills shared with me. I think we can use it as women, but people in general too.

My dear sisters, I have simple faith. I believe that as you are faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, as you draw closer to Him in faith, hope and charity things will work our together for your good. I believe that as you immerse yourselves in the works of our Father's as you create beauty and as you are compassionate to others- God will encircle you in the arms of His Love... As spirit daughters of Heavenly Father, happiness is your heritage! You are chosen daughters of our Heavenly Father and through the things you create and by your compassionate service, you are a great power for good! You will make the world a better place. Lift up your chin, walk tall, God loves you!
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

AND

"The only beauty you have to cultivate is Christ’s. If you can be beautiful like He was beautiful, you won't have to worry about your physical appearance. Men who saw no beauty in our Savior may also not see your beauty. But men of Christ, acquainted with His grief, will come to you and say 'She is the most beautiful of all.'"

Okay fam bam. That’s about it for this week. But I just want to let you know: 
  • yes, I have bags under my eyes,
  • sometimes I get tired
  • my complexion is not perfect
  • sometimes my clothes are silly
But I AM A MISSIONARY OF GOD. I am here for a reason. I know my place. I am called by his divine authority, and I wouldn’t change any of it! This is the best feeling I have ever had giving it my all and serving others. Yes, it is great that we can be beautiful physically but do you know what really makes us all BEAUTIFUL? THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST¡ That’s what makes us beautiful and different. I testify of all that with all of my heart. Go share that beauty with someone else this week

Love your guts,

=Hermana Newman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment