Monday, November 18, 2013

No need to fear

COLUMBIA, Md. — Let the new transfer begin!

This transfer is going to be interesting. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years all piled into one.
Crazy! I am soooooo excited for this new transfer. Lots of great things going on here in Maryland!


Yup, that's five transfers in Maryland...
This should not surprise you at all, but my brain is mush and I cannot remember a thing. Oh dear. Let me turn on the brainpower and see what I can recall.

Service galore. Well, this was definitely another week full of service. I was definitely in heaven. Since there are sooo many stinkin' trees here in Maryland, that has been our service most recently. Raking (and playing) in the leaves. Couldn’t get better if you ask me! It reminded me of Grandma and Grandpa's house and playing with the cousins in all their leaves! Good times.

One of our progressing investigators is doing awesome! She still does not have a baptismal date due to some marriage problems in Honduras, but we talked about the Word of Wisdom this week and she hasn’t had coffee or tea for 4 days now! WAHOOOOOO!

She is amazing. She has such a hard life, but she knows that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is making it better. This week, we get to go help her clean her trailer. They had to move into a trailer with a few other families. I guess it was a bunch of men who lived there before, so there are "cucas" (cockroaches) all over in the house. Poor thing is very distraught and hates bugs.

So, Hermana Newman to the rescue! Yes, believe it or not I am quite the brave lil' hermana. Bugs? Pshhhhh no problem! I got em covered! :) One of the ladies we helped rake leaves for this week said something that made me chuckle. My companion was freaking out about a caterpillar and the member says, "Give it to Hermana Newman — she’s not afraid of anything!" Bahaha. Oh I am not? Ok, guess not. :)  I am fearless!!... as I should be right? No need to fear when I have God on my side.

More than 15 giant bags full of leaves. Impressive raking, if you ask me!
We are still working to get the Riveras on date for the end of the month. Satan is working against us though :/ We haven’t been able to get in contact with them almost all week. But today is the day that its gonna happen. I can feel it :) So hopefully we will have a baptism at the end of the month!

Well, So sorry this letter is so short. But the most important part is the church is true! I love it. It is such a blessing in my life. Go out this week with a smile on your face remembering all that Christ did for you. Go share your happiness with someone else.

Missionary work works in lots of ways. Share a Mormon Message on Facebook, go serve your neighbor, give a friend a phone call or even invite someone to talk to the missionaries. The possibilities are endless. But the important part is that we are doing our duty and helping the work move forward.

I love you with all my heart! Have a fabulous week! Tear it up!

Con amor,
Hermana Newman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment